Middle School 1:1 iPad Program
At TVS we are proud of how we integrate technology into learning. Via our iPad program our students have:
- Access to apps that promote increased opportunities for interactivity across the curriculum.
- New ways to engage with educational content (many learning styles).
- The potential to replace traditional textbooks with interactive content and dramatically reduce their backpack’s weight.
- Increased opportunities to collaborate.
- Opportunities to develop important skills for their futures.
As technology continues to change we are constantly reviewing and iterating our program and practices to improve the classroom experience. Our current middle school 1:1 iPad program is structured as follows:
All rising 6th grade students and new 7th and 8th graders purchase an iPad through the school. Students in these grades are required to bring their school-issued iPad to school every day. Our faculty have spent much time learning new skills and recreating their lessons to create an environment in which iPads are a valuable and effective learning tool.
For the 2020-2021 school year the school is providing an option for families to purchase an iPad for their 5th grade child that their child will be able to use throughout their time in the middle school. The school is providing iPads to students in the 5th grade whose families chose not to purchase one this year. These iPads are owned by the school, are kept in carts, and will not go home.
- How will my child obtain an iPad?
- WILL MY CHILD NEED TO PURCHASE AN APPLE PENCIL?
- WILL THE INTERNET BE FILTERED ON MY CHILD'S IPAD?
- WHAT APPS DOES MY CHILD NEED?
- DOES MY CHILD NEED AN APPLE ID?
- WHAT IF THERE ARE TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES WITH MY CHILD'S IPAD?
- WHAT IF THERE ARE TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES WITH MY CHILD'S KEYBOARD CASE?
- WHAT IF MY CHILD'S IPAD IS DAMAGED OR STOLEN?
- HOW CAN MY CHILD PRINT FROM THE IPAD?
- IS FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE FOR TECHNOLOGY PURCHASES?