At TVS, we believe it’s important to integrate technology thoughtfully, intentionally, and in a purposeful way. We use technology to PREPARE STUDENTS FOR THEIR FUTURES BY:
- Creating, sharing, critiquing and revising content
- Scrutinizing, evaluating, and appraising information
- Curating content
- Providing educational experiences not possible without technology
- Connecting with experts and authentic audiences from around the globe
- Differentiating the content of our courses to match the needs of our students
- Providing timely feedback to students
- Asking better questions and creating solutions
- Increasing efficiency and organization
- Empowering students to design their learning.
We also believe in the importance of having our students develop a balanced approach to their technology use. We work with our students to promote developing healthy, functional relationships with technology by also practicing mindful awareness of self and surroundings, and teaching critical thinking skills. It is our goal to create an environment where technology supports creative problem finding and solving, openness to growth and innovator’s mindset to prepare students for a fast-paced world of constant revision and iteration.
Technology instruction integrates a blend of the following curricular areas:
- Computer programming, coding, designing, making, and robotics
- Digital citizenship, media literacy, information literacy
- Digital tools to that enhance learning in all curricular areas.