Clinic & Health Forms
PK-12 Physician Clearance in order for your child to participate in school activities & PE (Required: Any form from your physician to convey this statement is acceptable; must turn one in each year)
7-12 Pre-Participation Physical Examination (To be completed by your Physician annually)
7-12 Pre-Participation Medical History Form (Please complete this form annually through Renweb)
- Please log in to the parent portal on RenWeb in order to enter and/or update your child’s medical information including any medications taken at home and school. This is extremely important and provides us with the information needed to best care for your child (example: if he/she has asthma, severe allergies, etc.).
- Permission is required for the nurses to administer certain over-the-counter medications on an as-needed basis while the student is on campus at TVS.
- Should changes occur during the school year, you may call or email us.
Over the Counter Medications:
- Over the counter medications are available in the clinic, but will only be administered with your permission. Please make sure the medical portion of RenWeb is up to date each year.
- If your child is taking an over-the-counter medication that we do not have in the clinic, you may bring the medication to our office. We are happy to administer it to him or her as needed with your permission.
- All prescription medications must be stored in the nurse’s office and require the prescription medication form to be filled out by a parent and the prescribing physician. You will find the appropriate form listed above under HEALTH FORMS. The medication should be delivered to the nurse’s office by the parent and in a labeled bottle from the pharmacy.
- Please do not send medication in a zip-top bag.
- The only prescription medications that will be allowed for students to carry with them are asthma inhalers and epi-pens. In order to carry these medications, clearance will need to be made by the physician and parent. Please fill out the appropriate allergy or asthma action plan form listed under HEALTH FORMS and submit to the nurse.
- Asthma inhalers for Lower School students should be stored in the nurse’s office and accompany the asthma action plan.
- If your child has a temperature of 100 degrees or higher, please keep your child home from school until he/she is fever free for a 24-hour period.
- If he/she has fever the night before school or the morning of, please do not medicate him/her with Tylenol, Advil, etc. and send him/her to school.
- If your child is vomiting or has diarrhea, please keep him/her home from school until he/she is symptom-free 12 hours prior to the start of school.
- If your child has a surgical procedure and requires pain medication that is stronger than over-the-counter medications, he/she should not be at school.
We hope you are having a wonderful summer break! Please follow the instructions below for reviewing your information and the information on your child and updating if necessary.
Please send in the following items as soon as possible and no later than 7/24/20. If for some reason this is not possible, please let me know. We are thrilled to care for your child and keep them safe while at TVS! Have a wonderful summer!
- Copy of your child’s immunization record. An updated copy must be provided each time they receive immunizations. If these records are not on file prior to the beginning of school, a student may be asked to stay out of school until the records have been submitted. This is required by the state of Texas. To access the Texas Department of State Health Services (TDSHS) required immunization schedule, please visit: http://www.dshs.texas.gov/immunize/school/school-requirements.aspx
- A statement or report from your child’s doctor stating that your child has been examined within the last year and is able to participate in school, including PE. Any form your physician uses to convey this statement is acceptable. A sports physical also satisfies this requirement. (Sports physicals are required for students in grades 7-12 who plan to participate in athletics). Students will not be allowed to participate in PE classes or athletics until this requirement has been satisfied.
- Completed and signed Emergency Authorization and Permit to Treat Form . A new copy must be provided each academic year for each child.
Completed documents may be:
1. Delivered to a box located in the Central Administration Building
2. Mailed to:
Trinity Valley School, Attn: Amy Coats
7500 Dutch Branch Rd. Fort Worth, TX 76132
- Emailed to: email@example.com
Other medical documents that are required for Severe Allergies, Asthma, or Prescription Medication:
- If your child will need a prescription medication at school, has asthma, and/or has a severe allergy (food, latex, insect sting), please have their physician complete the appropriate form(s) that are found on the TVS Website in the box at the top of this page.
- If your child has asthma and occasionally require a rescue inhaler or breathing treatment, we are also happy to administer as long as we have the signed prescription medication form from your physician.
- If your child is on an antibiotic at any time during the year that is to be taken three times a day, we are happy to administer as long as we have the bottle from the pharmacy with the physician’s instructions.
- Over-the-counter medications (generic equivalent) are available for your child during the school day, if you have approved the medicine in RenWeb. If at any time you would like your child to receive an over-the-counter medication that we do not keep stocked in the clinic, you may bring it by with their name and dosing information including times to be administered.
- If your child has a severe allergy or other medical condition, please contact us and we can arrange a time to meet and discuss prior to the first day of school.
Thank you for your time and patience in completing these important medical documents. Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact us directly. We are looking forward to a great year!
Amy H. Coats, RN, BSN
817.321.0132 v 817.321.0131 f
HOW TO ACCESS THE PARENT PORTAL
1. Go to www.trinityvalleyschool.org
2. Click on "myTVS"
3. Login with your username and password
4. Your children's schedules and activities are not available yet. When teacher and team pages are available in August, this information will be populated in the portal under Classes, Clubs & Athletics.
TO BE COMPLETED BY AUGUST 5th
To Update Your Contact and Medical Information
1. Click on the RenWeb button linked within the Parent Portal, then click on Web Forms (under the School Information section) in the left-hand column.
2. Click on the Family Demographic Form in the large panel on the right.
3. For each member of your family, you will find a form showing the demographic information we have on record. Additionally, you will find a medical form for each of your children enrolled at TVS and a pre-participation medical history for your children in grades 5-12. Please check each of these forms for accuracy, and update any information as necessary.
NOTE: By choosing Yes for Permission to Email Medical Report, the school nurse will notify you by email each time your child comes to the clinic.
4. Ensure that all Required Fields are completed and click Save at the bottom of the page.
Note: The medical forms are comprehensive and may take some time to review. Please read all the instructions for new and current students and note the links to downloadable documents, which require a physician's signature. Also, note that some information is listed as required. Please take extra care to complete these fields.
If you have an email change or address change any time during the school year, you can update your email address on the Family Demographic Form in RenWeb, accessible from the Parent Portal.
Parent Alert Emergency Notification System
Instructions for Parents
1. Click on the Family Demographics form in RenWeb.
2. Look under Custodial Parents. You will need to check this information for each custodial parent.
3. Check to make sure we have the correct phone numbers on record for you. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and look under Preferences. There are four Parent Alert preferences as explained below.
Parent Alert Home Phone - click Yes if you want to receive alerts on this phone
Parent Alert Cell Phone - click Yes if you want to receive alerts on this phone
Parent Alert Work Phone - click Yes if you want to receive alerts on this phone
Parent Alert Do Not Want Text - click Yes if you DO NOT want to receive your alerts via text message on your cell phone.
4. Click Save to save your changes. You are now set to receive emergency notifications from the school.