The Global Education PROGRAM'S Mission is to connect PreK-12 students and educators from around the world. Here are some Program highlights since its inception.
In the 2018-19 Academic Year, students and faculty learned (virtually and in-person) with people from more than 14 countries/territories in:
- England and Belgium in Kindergarten; The Netherlands in 1st grade; Belgium, England, Kenya, & Nigeria in 2nd grade; Australia, Japan, & Mexico in 3rd; China & Taiwan in 4th; Denmark & Taiwan in 5th; Denmark & Japan in 6th grade; China, Denmark, Germany, The Netherlands, Scotland, & Switzerland in 7th; China, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Mexico, & Scotland in 8th grade, and Australia, Austria, Belgium, China, Denmark, Germany, Mexico, Spain & Switzerland in the Upper School.
In 2019-20, we are planning in-person and virtual learning exchanges in all grades with people from Australia, China, Costa Rica, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Japan, Kenya, Mexico, the Netherlands, Nigeria, Scotland, Spain, Sweden, & Taiwan.
Since July 2011...
- TVS students and faculty have connected with people from 70 countries/territories and on all seven continents (Antarctica, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, the Bahamas, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Canada, Colombia, Costa Rica, China, Croatia, Cuba, the Czech Republic, Denmark, the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, eSwatini, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Latvia, Macedonia, Malta, Mauritania, Mexico, Morocco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom (including Scotland, Northern Ireland, and England), Uruguay, Vanuatu, Vietnam, and Zambia).
- More than 200 TVS students and faculty have home-hosted 230+ guests from Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, England, Germany, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
- More than 100 students and faculty have traveled on TVS-led trips to Australia, Austria, the Bahamas, China, Costa Rica, England, eSwatini, Ethiopia, France, Greece, Italy, Peru, Scotland & Spain. Click here to learn about some recent trips.
- All students in Kindergarten, grades 2-8, and several Upper School classes and clubs have completed virtual learning exchanges (via blogs, video exchanges, or and Skype) with more than 600 students and adults in Argentina, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Canada, Denmark, Germany, Greenland, Hungary, Indonesia, Japan, Kenya, Mauritania, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, South Korea, Spain, Taiwan, Turkey, and the UK (Scotland, Northern Ireland, and England).
- Since 2011, Kindergartners and 8th graders have blogged and/or Skyped with students in England and Scotland; 6th graders have exchanged videos with students in Japan for six consecutive years; and 3rd graders blogged with Indonesian students for four years in a row.
Since July 2011...
- 30 Assistant Teachers from Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Sweden, and Switzerland; 2 teachers from the Prague British School (Czech); and 1 teacher from Queen’s College Preparatory School in London have guest-taught and assisted in classes in Kindergarten through 11th grade.
- Two education majors have conducted research and shared their cultures with us from the Netherlands and Sweden in the Lower and Middle Schools.
- At our all-school International Fairs (since 2015), dozens of TVS families have represented over 50 countries/territories from all 7 continents, with hundreds of families in attendance each year.
- More than 30 TVS faculty and staff traveled with students or for professional development to Antarctica, Australia, Austria, the Bahamas, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Cambodia, Canada, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Denmark, Ecuador, eSwatini, Ethiopia, Finland, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Iceland, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Morocco, the Netherlands, Nicaragua, Peru, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, the UK, Vanuatu, and Vietnam.
- We have introduced new courses in the Middle School (e.g., Global Studies in 6th and the Selectives (7/8th) "World Peace Game", "Everything Japan!" & "I'm a World Leader") and in the Upper School (e.g., Modern Asia, Religion in Culture, Global Leadership, Service Learning, & Social Justice).
Please check out our other links to learn more about our unique PreK-12 Global Education Program.