Hosting International Guests
Share our Culture.
Learn about others.
Connect your Family to the World!
Since 2011, more than 200 TVS students and faculty have hosted 300+ international students, teachers, musicians, and assistant teachers in their homes and on campus. Guests have come from Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, the Czech Republic, England, Denmark, Germany, Japan, Kenya, Mexico, the Netherlands, Peru, Scotland, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
In 2018-19, we hosted students and student teachers from Australia (3), Belgium (1), China (7), Denmark (2), Germany (6), Mexico (15), the Netherlands (1), and Switzerland (1). In 2019-20, we expect to host guests from Australia (4), China (8), Denmark (2), Germany (7), Mexico (9), and Scotland (4).
ALL TVS FAMILIES are invited to host—
Lower, Middle, Upper, and alumni families!
- Can I host more than one guest at a time?
- Can I host more than one guest in a year?
- What does a normal day look like?
- Is it better to host for longer or shorter stays?
- Can I leave my guest at home without an adult?
- What costs should I expect?
- What meals am I expected to make?
- What if my home isn’t big or fancy enough to host?
- What if we don’t speak their language?
- What do we do on the weekends?
- What if our guest gets ill/injured or there is a problem at school or home?