In 2019-20 (despite COVID-19), we carried out in-person and virtual learning exchanges with people from Australia, China, Denmark, England, Germany, Japan, Mexico, Nigeria, Scotland, Sweden, Switzerland, & Taiwan.
Since the program’s inception in July 2011...
- TVS students and faculty have connected with people from 70 countries/territories and on all seven continents
- More than 240 TVS students and faculty have home-hosted 230+ guests from
- More than 100 students and faculty have traveled on TVS-led trips to
- All students in Kindergarten, grades 2-8, and several Upper School classes and clubs have completed virtual learning exchanges (via blogs, video exchanges, or and Skype) with more than 700 students and adults in
Since July 2011...
- 30+ Assistant Teachers and Student Researchers
- At our annual all-school International Fairs, dozens of TVS families have represented over 50 countries/territories from all 7 continents, with hundreds of families in attendance each year.
- More than 30 TVS faculty and staff traveled with students or for professional development to
- We have introduced new courses
Our Global Partner Schools/Universities with which we have conducted a number of--often annual--exchanges include Auguste-Viktoria-Gymnasium (Trier, Germany), Buena Tierra Colegio (Metepec, Mexico), Beijing High School No. 4 (China), Chiba Language School (Pingtung, Taiwan), Colegio CEMEP (Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic), English Bicknor Primary School (Coleford, England), Kaiwen Academy (Beijing, China), Oojima Elementary School (Nagaoka, Japan), Saint-Stanislas (Nîmes, France), St. George’s School for Girls (Edinburgh, Scotland), Tec de Monterrey High School (Toluca/Metepec, Mexico), UC SYD (Esbjerg, Denmark), University College Leuven/Limburg (Belgium), University of Gothenburg (Sweden), VIA University College (Aarhus & Silkeborg, Denmark), Victoriaskola (Gothenburg, Sweden), Whitsunday Anglican School (Mackay, Australia), Yamamoto Jr. High School (Nagaoka, Japan), Yoita Elementary School (Nagaoka, Japan), Zurich University of Teacher Education (Zürich, Switzerland)