The seventh and eighth grade Selectives program began in the fall of 2013. With up to fifteen unique elective opportunities each semester, the courses continue to be a favorite of students and teachers alike. WIth over sixty different course options so far, the program was born out of Trinity Valley School’s mission to help students “develop wide constructive interests.” In addition, the classes are designed to capitalize on our teachers’ passions and skill-sets (outside of their typical academic subject areas), in order to engage students in authentic endeavors that foster collaboration, innovation, creativity, and a willingness to show resilience through trial and error.
Selectives occur once in our six-day schedule cycle for a total of fifteen, fifty-minute sessions each semester, and every January, at the conclusion of the first semester Selective, we host a Selectives Showcase, to share our learning with the community. Some of our most popular offerings are below.
- Beyond the Selfie - Dr. Wood
- From Polygons to Polyhedra - Ms. Heller
- 3D Printed Robot Cars - Mrs. Montgomery and Mrs. Cornelius
- TOE Leadership - Mr. Amos and Ms. Wilson
- Sweet Tooth - Ms. MacNabb
- “Ready, Set, Action” Stop Motion Animation Studios - Ms. Hansen
- Climb On - Mr. Snyder
- “World Peace Game” Dr. Roemer and Mr. Tiwari