Much Ado About Shakespeare!
This workshop is for those who enjoy learning on their feet; be it galloping, dancing, swordplay, or just moving to the rhythms of Shakespeare’s words. Our “lively action” comes directly from Shakespeare’s Globe in London. Our guest artist instructors come from theaters and universities throughout the United States, creating connections that no other program in the Metroplex can boast!
Our three-week intensive is designed for those who possess an openness to engage in Shakespeare’s texts intellectually, imaginatively, physically, vocally, and emotionally. We strive to enchant, enrich, and build community through the shared knowledge of Shakespeare and his timeless stories.
You will be engaged in:
- Theater games brought directly from Shakespeare’s Globe in London!
- Shakespeare’s scenes and monologues directed by our guest artists
- Improvisation-specific games to develop the imagination
- Acting for Stage
- Mask Making & Body Work direct from Italy!
- Dance – physical workout daily!
- Voice – vocal workout daily!
- Set & Properties – design and construction
- Costuming design and construction
- An adjudication board made up of professionals in the industry
- All students participate in this year’s production of Shakespeare’s comedy, Twelfth Night.
MUCH ADO ABOUT SHAKESPEARE! SUMMER INTENSIVE 2021
- Open to all students from rising seventh grade through college
- May 26 & 27, AUDITIONS, 1:00 – 4:00
- May 28, CALLBACKS, 1:00 – 4:00
- You must sign up prior to auditions to receive a time slot.
- Please call or email for an audition firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- July 6 - 21, 2021 Classes run 12:00 – 3:00 on the Trinity Valley School Campus
- July 16, 12:00 – 3:00 Monologue Adjudication
- July 21 – 24, SHOW TIMES are at 7:30pm
- Each applicant must prepare a minimum 16-20-line Shakespearean monologue to perform at the audition and will be asked to read from Twelfth Night during callbacks.
- In preparation for callbacks, you will be handed the script during Auditions.
- Parts will be announced via email, text, and/or phone.
- Anyone unable to audition or make callbacks during the times we have designated will be cast through special arrangements with the directors.
- Everyone attending Much Ado About Shakespeare! Summer Workshop who wants a part - will be in the play.
- Classes and rehearsals begin on July 6, 2021 at 12:00pm.
- Classes continue Monday through Friday, 12:00 – 3:00pm, until July 21. Rehearsals are the same days, from 3:00 – 6:00. During the last week, the rehearsal schedule times will be extended.
- Each student may participate in an adjudicated Monologue performance on Friday, July 16, 2:00 – 4:00.
- To participate in the performance only, the tuition is $300. To participate in the performance and all workshops, the fee is $550.