Much Ado About Shakespeare!
Welcome to our 13th season! This workshop boasts learning on your feet, be it galloping, dancing, sword fighting, or just moving to the rhythms of Shakespeare’s words. Our “lively action” comes directly from Shakespeare’s Globe in London. Our guest artist instructors come from theaters and universities throughout the United States, creating connections that no other program in the Metroplex can claim!
Our three-week intensive is for those who possess an openness to engage in Shakespeare’s texts intellectually, imaginatively, physically, vocally, and emotionally. We strive to enchant, enrich, and build community through the shared knowledge of Shakespeare and his timeless stories.
- Theater games brought directly from Shakespeare’s Globe in London!
- Stage-fighting instruction by certified fighting instructor
- Shakespeare’s scenes and monologues directed by our guest artists
- Improvisation-specific games to develop the imagination
- Acting for Stage
- Movement and Choreography – physical workout daily!
- Voice – vocal workout daily!
- Set and Properties – design and construction
- Costuming design and construction
- Mask Work
- An adjudication board made up of professionals in the industry
- All students participate in this year’s production of Shakespeare’s comedy, Two Gentleman of Verona.
MUCH ADO ABOUT SHAKESPEARE! SUMMER INTENSIVE 2019
- Open to all students from rising eighth grade through college
- Please review 2019 Participant Letter and 2019 Application - links to the right.
- May 23-24, 2:00-5:00PM: Auditions are held in the Middle School Drama Room at Trinity Valley School.
- May 25, 2:00-5:00PM Callbacks will be held in the Middle School Drama Room at Trinity Valley School.
- You must call or email Anna or Don Carlson for an audition time: 817-321-0100 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each applicant must prepare a minimum 14-line Shakespearean monologue or sonnet to perform at the audition.
- Parts are announced via email, text, and phone.
- Everyone attending Much Ado About Shakespeare! Summer Workshop will have a part in the play. Classes and rehearsals begin on July 8 at 12:00PM.
- Classes continue Monday through Friday, 12:00-3:00PM. Rehearsals are same days 3:00-6:00PM. Additional rehearsal time will be July 22 and 23 from 6:00-9:00PM.
- Performances are July 24, 25, and 26, at 7:30 PM in the Black Box Theater at Trinity Valley School. .
- STRIKE! will follow the matinee performance on July 27. All participants are expected to help.
- Complete and submit application and register online HERE.
If you are a student who has graduated from high school or has completed at least one year of college, you may apply for a paid internship to participate in the workshop and production. Awards will include the cost of the workshop, plus a stipend. Those interested in an internship should complete the Much Ado About Shakespeare! workshop application and include a resume detailing academic and theatrical experiences, and a letter explaining your interest in the program.
Experience in theater outside of school is not required. Contact us:
Trinity Valley School
7500 Dutch Branch Road
Fort Worth, Texas 76132