Much Ado About Shakespeare!
This workshop is for those who enjoy learning on their feet; be it galloping, dancing, swordplay, or just moving to the rhythms of Shakespeare’s words. Our “lively action” comes directly from Shakespeare’s Globe in London. Our guest artist instructors come from theaters and universities throughout the United States, creating connections that no other program in the Metroplex can boast!
Our three-week intensive is designed for those who possess an openness to engage in Shakespeare’s texts intellectually, imaginatively, physically, vocally, and emotionally. We strive to enchant, enrich, and build community through the shared knowledge of Shakespeare and his timeless stories.
You will be engaged in:
- Shakespeare’s scenes and monologues directed by our guest artists
- Improvisation-specific games to develop the imagination
- Acting for the stage
- Stage combat
- Mask making & body work
- Dance – physical workout daily!
- Voice – vocal workout daily!
- Set & Properties – design and construction
- Costuming and make-up
- An adjudication board made up of professionals in the industry
- All students participate in this year’s production of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet.
MUCH ADO ABOUT SHAKESPEARE! SUMMER INTENSIVE 2022
- Open to all students from rising eighth grade through college
- May 25 & 26, AUDITIONS, 1:30 – 4:30pm
- May 31, CALLBACKS, 1:30 – 4:30pm
- You must sign up prior to auditions to receive a time slot
- Please call or email for an audition firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- July 5 – 22, 2022 Classes run 12:00 – 3:00pm on the Trinity Valley School Campus
- July 22, 12:00 – 3:00pm Monologue Adjudication
- July 20, 21, 22 SHOW TIMES are at 7:00pm
- July 23 SHOW TIME is at 2:00pm
- Each applicant must prepare a minimum 16-20-line Shakespearean monologue to perform at the audition and will be asked to read from Romeo and Juliet during callbacks.
- In preparation for callbacks, you will be handed the script during auditions.
- Please review the MAAS! Application for more information and submit to Dr. or Mrs. Carlson.
- To participate in the production only, the tuition is $300. To participate in the production and all workshops, the fee is $550.