The Kindergarten application process consists of the following:
- Completion of an online application*
- An individual assessment
- Participation in a group class visit (for Fall 2021, applicants will participate in an individual Zoom session with a teacher instead, due to the pandemic)
- A preschool teacher recommendation
How to start:
- Click on "Apply Online" on the right to create an account with our online application provider, Ravenna (be sure to set it up with the email account that you want to use to communicate with the school)
- Fill out the Student Profile
- Click Apply to begin
If at any point you should have a question about Ravenna and your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office.
Once the online application has been submitted, you will be contacted to schedule the individual assessment and class visit. Please call 817.321.0116 if you have any questions.
Kindergarten applicants participate in an age appropriate assessment with Mrs. Kay Newton, former TVS kindergarten teacher. This "visit" lasts approximately 45 minutes to an hour and begins by picking out a special animal chair in our safari-themed testing room. Parents will have the opportunity to talk and/or tour with a TVS host.
The kindergarten assessment includes the Kaufman Test of Educational Achievement | Third Edition (KTEA™-3 Brief) and the Kaufman Brief Intelligence Test Second Edition (KBIT-2). These tests are individually administered and are a measure of achievement in reading, math, written and oral language and verbal and nonverbal ability.
Cooperative Testing: Trinity Valley School cooperates with three other independent schools - All Saints’ Episcopal School, Fort Worth Academy, and Fort Worth Country Day - in sharing joint admissions policies, calendar, testing and notification dates. Admissions candidates who are applying to more than one of these schools should schedule the admissions testing at one school and request that the test scores are sent to the other school(s). To be considered for admission at any other school, candidates must also file applications with those schools.