At TVS, we believe it’s important to integrate technology thoughtfully, intentionally, and in a purposeful way. We integrate technology with specific learning goals in mind, as opposed to putting it to use simply because it’s available.
We use technology to:
- Create, share, critique and revise content
- Engage each other in conversation
- Interact with information
- Scrutinize, evaluate and appraise information
- Curate content
- Provide educational experiences not possible without the technology
- Connect with experts and authentic audiences around the globe
- Differentiate the content of our courses to match the needs of our students
- Provide timely feedback to students
- Create solutions to problems
- Increase efficiency and organization
- Help all students think and learn more deeply
- Empower students to control their own learning
- Prepare students for the modern world
We also believe in the importance of having our students develop a balanced approach to their technology use. We work with our students to promote developing healthy, functional relationships with technology by also practicing mindful awareness of self and surroundings, and teaching critical thinking skills. It is our goal to create an environment where technology supports creative problem finding and solving, an openness to growth and innovator’s mindset in order to prepare students for a fast paced world of constant revision and iteration.
Tech instruction integrates a blend of the following curricular areas:
- Computer programming, coding, designing, making, and robotics
Digital citizenship, media literacy, information literacy, and mindful use:
- Digital tools to support other curricular areas.