SHAKESPEARE IN ACTION!
This workshop boasts learning on your feet; be it galloping, dancing, sword fighting, or just moving to the rhythms of Shakespeare’s words. Our “lively action” comes directly from Shakespeare’s Globe in London. Our guest artist instructors come from theaters and universities throughout the United States, creating connections that no other program in the Metroplex can claim!
Our three-week intensive is for those who possess an openness to engage in Shakespeare’s texts intellectually, imaginatively, physically, vocally, and emotionally. We strive to enchant, enrich, and build community through the shared knowledge of Shakespeare and his timeless stories.
- Theater games brought directly from Shakespeare’s Globe in London!
- Stage fighting instruction by certified fighting instructor
- Shakespeare’s scenes and monologues directed by our guest artists
- Improvisation-specific games to develop the imagination
- Acting for Stage
- Acting for Film
- Dance – physical workout daily!
- Voice – vocal workout daily!
- Set & Properties – design and construction
- Costuming design and construction
- Sound -design and engineering
- Lighting – design and engineering
- An adjudication board made up of professionals in the industry
- All students participate in this year’s production of Shakespeare’s comedy, Much Ado About Nothing.
MUCH ADO ABOUT SHAKESPEARE! SUMMER INTENSIVE 2017
- Open to all students from rising eighth grade through college
- Auditions are held in the Middle School Drama Room at Trinity Valley School from 3:00PM to 5:00PM on Thursday, May 25 and Friday, May 26.
- Call backs are from 1:00 – 4:00 pm, Saturday May 27, in the same space.
- You must call or email for an audition time firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Each applicant must prepare a minimum 16-20 line Shakespearean monologue to perform at the audition and will be asked to read from Much Ado About Nothing.
- Callbacks will take place on Saturday, May 27, at 1:00 – 4:00 PM. At auditions, you are given a copy of the script.
- Parts are announced via email, text, and phone.
- Everyone attending Much Ado About Shakespeare! Summer Workshop will have a part in the play. Classes and rehearsals begin on July 10, 2017 at 12:00PM.
- We continue Monday through Friday, 12:00 – 4:00PM, until July 29. Rehearsals are same day 4:00 – 9:00PM, with an hour dinner break, which is served on campus.
- Performances are July 27 and 28, at 7:30 PM and July 29, at 2:00 pm in the Black Box Theater at Trinity Valley School. Each participates in an adjudicated Monologue performance on Friday, July 28, 12:00 – 4:00, followed by dinner and our Friday performance.
- Our final performance will be a matinee on Saturday, July 29 at 2:00 pm, followed by STRIKE!
If you are a student who has graduated from high school or has completed at least one year of college, you may apply for a paid internship to participate in the workshop and production. Awards will include the cost of the workshop, plus a stipend. Those interested in an internship should complete the Much Ado About Shakespeare! workshop application and include a resume detailing academic and theatrical experiences, and a letter explaining your interest in the program.
Experience in theater outside of school is not required. Contact us:
Don or Anna Carlson Trinity Valley School firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
7500 Dutch Branch Road
Fort Worth, Texas 76132