Much Ado About Shakespeare’s primary mission is to enchant, enrich and build community through the shared knowledge of Shakespeare and his wonderful stories!
We are looking for interested students who possess an openness to engage in Shakespeare’s texts intellectually, imaginatively, physically, vocally and emotionally. Our goal is to instill a lasting sense of creativity and competency in the youth who participate. Our students experience the life-changing potential of live theater.
Our guest artist instructors come from theaters and universities throughout the United States, creating connections that no other program in the Metroplex can boast!
The artists and directors from Much Ado About Shakespeare! will engage your students in:
- Theater games brought directly from Shakespeare’s Globe in London!
- Stage fighting instruction by certified fighting instructors
- Shakespeare’s scenes and monologues directed by our guest artists
- Music – vocal workout daily!
- Dance – physical workout daily!
- Costuming – design and construction
- Set & Properties - design and construction
- Sound –design and engineering
- Lighting – design and engineering
- Projection – design and engineering
- An adjudication board made up of professionals in the industry.
- ALL students participate in this year’s production of Shakespeare’s comedy, The Tempest, June 30, July 1 & 2, in Trinity Valley School’s Black Box Theater.
Much Ado About Shakespeare! Summer Intensive 2016
- Auditions will be held in the Middle School Drama Room at Trinity Valley School from 3:00PM to 5:00PM on Thursday, May 26 and Friday, May 27.
- Call backs will be from 1:00 – 4:00 pm, Saturday May 28, 2016 in the same space listed above.
- You must call or email for an audition time firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Each applicant must prepare a minimum 16 -20 line Shakespearean monologueto perform at the audition and will be asked to read from The Tempest. Callbacks will take place on Saturday, May 28, at 1:00 – 4:00 PM. Also at the auditions, you will be given a copy of the script.
- Parts will be announced via email, text, and phone.
- Everyone attending Much Ado About Shakespeare! Summer Workshop will have a part in the play. Classes and rehearsals begin on June 13, 2016 at 12:00PM.
- We continue Monday through Friday, 12:00 – 4:00PM, until July2. Rehearsals are same day 4:00 – 9:00PM, with an hour dinner break, which is served on campus.
- Performances are June 30, and July 1, at 7:30 PM and July 2, at 2:00 pm in the Black Box Theater at Trinity Valley School. Each student is asked to participate in an adjudicated Monologue performance on Friday, July 1, 12:00 – 4:00, followed by dinner and our Friday performance.
- Our final performance will be a matinee on Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 2:00 pm, followed by STRIKE!