Trinity Valley was founded in 1959, when George Bragg and Stephen Seleny realized they needed to provide the young men of the Texas Boys Choir with an opportunity to learn as well as rehearse. On a tour of Europe, Bragg and Seleny realized the signing of the Magna Carta and the crowning of Charlemagne meant nothing to the boys. In response, the two men founded a liberal arts school – the Texas Boys’ Choir School -- in the third-floor kitchen and one tiny room of St. Ignatius Academy in Fort Worth.
In 1962, the school was renamed Trinity Valley School by Ruth Carter Stevenson. As enrollment increased to 120 students in grades three through nine, Trinity Valley moved to a leased space in Laneri High School. Demand for admission increased, and in 1969 TVS moved to the 35-acre McCart Avenue campus with an enrollment of 185 boys. Headmaster Stephen Seleny said, “It’s as if there was an angel sitting on the shoulder of the school.”
Girls were accepted for the first time in 1971.
The McCart campus housed Trinity Valley School for 29 years, and it holds a very special place in the hearts of the TVS family.
Enrollment continued to grow, and Trinity Valley found a home at its current 74-acre location on Dutch Branch Road in southwest Fort Worth. The land was generously donated by the Anne and Robert Bass family.
Today Trinity Valley School is a K-12, independent, college-preparatory school with an enrollment of 970 boys and girls. Over the years, Trinity Valley has remained committed to a broad liberal education in the arts and sciences, culminating in the knowledge, skills, and wisdom to enable our students to excel at an appropriate college or university.
Here at Trinity Valley, we believe timeless education inspires lifelong learners who become leaders with the ability to respond effectively to a rapidly changing world. To give our children this gift is indeed a shared value, one that was established in 1959.
Heads of School
Mr. Donald C. North currently serves as Head of School.
Previous Heads of School include:
2005-2015 - Gary W. Krahn, Head of School
2001-2005 - Bob Windham, Head of School
1999-2001 - Gerald Kramer, Interim Headmaster the fall of 1999 until spring 2001
Mr. Kramer served the school in a dual role as Interim Headmaster and Lower School Principal. From 2001 to 2007, he served as Lower School Principal/Associate Head of School.
1994-1999 - Walter W. Kesler, second Head of School
Mr. Kesler led the school through its successful fundraising efforts and its relocation to the 75-acre $30M Dutch Branch campus.
1959-1994 - Stephen Seleny, the school's founding Headmaster
Mr. Seleny served in that capacity until his retirement in 1994. As Headmaster Emeritus, he continues to serve the school community in an advisory role and as the school's ambassador to the community.